Lawyer Sam Lapidos and his Mauritanian-born partner Jacob Laghdaf take on one new Arizona client after another, each plunging their lives into ever more violent turmoil, and each new day bringing their clients and themselves ever closer to destruction.
A few of the earliest reviews (no shills, and all 5 Stars out of a possible 5):
- "Couldn't put it down...I really enjoy this author’s books. His knowledge of history and issues is unsurpassed. He entertains and enlightens! I highly recommend this and all his other books."
- "Fascinating...This installment surprised me. It is a fascinating study in the generational effectiveness of propaganda that bodes ill for our current generation."
- Max should be on everybody's reading list...Max Cossack writes a great yarn. He does for the present what Harry Turtledove does for the past.
Great political references, superior characters, and enough cold beer for a country band to get giddy. Keep writing them Max: great yarns!"
- Root-in'-Tootin' Action, and 2 Love Stories to Boot...the author gives us another great Wilder Bunch adventure. Like the last one, the "Where There Is No Man" tale spends most of its time in Arizona. This time we get to know the Wilder Bunch's patriarch, who is no slouch when it comes to action or romance, and there is a lot of action. Oh---"Max" pulls no punches when it comes to depicting the "powers that be. I want more Wilder Bunch.".
- "5.0 out of 5 stars - Fiction that is truth!"
- "5.0 out of 5 stars - Outstanding Book!"